Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Local News

Re: Fraud In Ondo NGCARES Project, Ondo Commissioner Goofed

Admin by Admin
May 14, 2023
in Local News
0

*Re: Fraud In Ondo NGCARES Project, Ondo Commissioner Goofed*

The attention of the office of the Senator representing Ondo Central in the National Assembly and Senate Committee Chairman on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions, Distinguished Senator (Dr) Ayo Akinyelure, FCA has been drawn to a social media publication on the above subject matter.

You might also like

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings

Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace

Inasmuch as the Senator wouldn’t have joined issue with anyone or group of people on the matter, but the office of the Senator would like to put the record straight by dismissing the allegation of Ondo State Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Pastor Emmanuel Igbasan on the matter.

For the Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget to have refered to Distinguished Senator Ayo Akinyelure as someone, “Crying foul, displaying crash ignorance of the programme at his level” shows the level of maturity of the Hon Commissioner.

While briefing the press in Akure, Igbasan had said, “The allegation that the fund for vulnerable group of people under the state COVID Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus, Code-named *ONDO CARES* are diverted or mismanaged was an imagination of the Senator”.

Igbasan had further said, during his press briefing that, “80,734 vulnerable people had benefited from the $20m grant through *ONDO CARES* programme.

Concluding his press briefing, the Ondo State Government, through Pastor Igbasan had said, “We can give you names and phone numbers of beneficiaries to verify”.

However, till now, Igbasan have not been able to produce the names and phone numbers of such beneficiaries.

It would be recalled that Akinyelure was one of the Committee members who had invited the organization involved in the NGCARES to the National Assembly and the investigation had not been concluded and we are surprised to hear from the state government that $20m had been given to some beneficiaries in Ondo State.

Akinyelure had therefore appealed to Ondo State indegenes to remain calm as he promised he would get to the root of how the state government had spent the $20m grant, and if they had given the money to the 80,734 beneficiaries as claimed by the Hon Commissioner, they should produce the names and phone numbers of beneficiaries as the Commissioner had promised.

Signed:
Charles Akinwon,
SA ( Media & Strategy) to the Distinguished Senator
May 14, 2023

Share this post:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Tweet
  • Print (Opens in new window) Print

Related

Previous Post

Innovative Research will Address Food Security Challenges in Africa- UNIOSUN VC.

Next Post

MARITIME: FG APPROVES IMPLEMENTATION OF IMO’s CONVENTIONS, TREATIES

Admin

Admin

Related Posts

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention
Local News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

by Admin
August 22, 2026
Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings
Local News

Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings

by Admin
August 21, 2026
Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace
Local News

Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace

by Admin
August 19, 2026
NOA Urges Calm, Caution as Ondo Govt Intensifies Investigation into Persistent Odour in Akure
Local News

NOA Urges Calm, Caution as Ondo Govt Intensifies Investigation into Persistent Odour in Akure

by Admin
August 16, 2026
The Ghost on Lake Victoria: Service Failures Undermining Tanzania’s TZS 22.8 Billion Investment 
Local News

The Ghost on Lake Victoria: Service Failures Undermining Tanzania’s TZS 22.8 Billion Investment 

by Admin
August 16, 2026
Next Post
MARITIME: FG APPROVES IMPLEMENTATION OF IMO’s CONVENTIONS, TREATIES

MARITIME: FG APPROVES IMPLEMENTATION OF IMO’s CONVENTIONS, TREATIES

Comment on this postCancel reply

ADVERTISEMENT

Recommended

Tanzania’s Fiscal Future: LHRC Challenges Budget Priorities Amid Economic Recovery Plans

Tanzania’s Fiscal Future: LHRC Challenges Budget Priorities Amid Economic Recovery Plans

June 27, 2024
Oyo State Governor, has officially invested the 46th Alaafin-elect With The Staff And Certificate of Appointment

Oyo State Governor, has officially invested the 46th Alaafin-elect With The Staff And Certificate of Appointment

January 14, 2025

Don't miss it

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention
Local News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure
Crime

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026
Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings
Local News

Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings

August 21, 2026
Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace
Local News

Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace

August 19, 2026
Persistent Attack on Gov. Lucky Is Not Politics, It’s Hatred
Education

OAUSTECH VC Hails Aiyedatiwa Over 60% Subvention Increase, Approval of 2026 FGN/Unions Agreements

August 19, 2026
BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership
Politics

BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership

August 19, 2026
EXPONENT MAGAZINES NEWS

EERC



Donate for Independent Journalism.



Naira Account number. 2022646165

Account name: Ewi Exponent Rendition Communication

Bank: First Bank plc



Dollar Account number: 0745378102

Name: Olusegun Adeyemi HOSEA.

Bank: GTBANK.


Categories

  • Business
  • Community Policing
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyles
  • Health
  • Local News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Uncategorized
  • World News
May 2023
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
« Apr   Jun »

Recent News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026

© 2022 EXPONENT MAGAZINE NEWS - A Production of EWI EXPONENT RENDITION COOMUNICATION - EERC
Developed by KEEMBEST SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS LIMITED.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.