Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

DRAMA AS TOUTS BESIEGE NUJ SECRETARIAT, PREVENT PRESS BRIEFING OVER POLITICAL TOPSY-TURVY.

Admin by Admin
October 24, 2023
in Politics
0
DRAMA AS TOUTS BESIEGE NUJ SECRETARIAT, PREVENT PRESS BRIEFING OVER POLITICAL TOPSY-TURVY.

DRAMA AS TOUTS BESIEGES NUJ SECRETARIAT, PREVENTS PRESS BRIEFING OVER POLITICAL TOPSY-TURVY.

By : Exponent. 24th October,2023

You might also like

BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership

Osun Election: Give Gov Adeleke Full Support, Adekunle Tells Electorate

Breaking: Gov. Adeleke Declared Winner of the 2026 Osun Governorship Election

It was a big drama this morning as a group of touts besieged the Nigeria Union of Journalists(NUJ) Ondo State Chapter Secretariat, to prevent the scheduled Press Conference by the Ondo Liberation Initiative (O.L.I) over the political topsy- turvy that was going on in the State among the political gladiators.

  • It was gathered that the group that wanted to address the Pressmen at the NUJ Secretariat could not gain access to the inner conference rooms as the place were under lock, due to the large number of people, numbering to be about five hundred (500) that barricaded the entrance of the Secretariat to prevent the conference from holding.

It was also gathered that among those people that were to address the Press Conference also blocked the road leading to the NUJ Secretariat as most of them were seeing sited under the  Canopy placed on the main road that lead to the entrance of the Secretariat with some of them smoking all manners of substance and this made the whole scene to looked like  a dramatic stage play that carries act one scene one in the play the trial of Brother Jero , written by Prof.Wole Soyinka .

Meanwhile, the pro conference was not deterred by the  large number of the  anti conference as they still went ahead in their quest to address the Journalists at the outside the entrance of the gate of the Secretariat  Details of their message below:

A group,  under the auspices of Ondo Liberation Initiative (O.L.I ) a non governmental organization-NGO in the state with members spread across the eighteen (18) local government had called for peace among the indigenes and other people living in the State.

According to the spoke person of the Organization, Alabi Johnson, in a statement released and made available to the Pressmen said the  organization in the  state is working on empowering the Youths, Women, Children, Conflict Resolution, Peace building , Economic advancement and sustainable development of our Dear State and the Country at large .

 

According to the Organization’s spoke person,  the group is a coalition of over fifty(50) organizations spread across the local government in the state . They however wished government to continue to sustain her policies which had been remarkable in not only Ondo State but the entire South West Nigeria . For instance Security concept have brought a relatively peace to the good people of the State .

In another development, the spoke person of the initiative said ” However, the concept we are here to showcase today is “Jara e gba” which translates to “Rescue yourself”. It is now evidently clear that every citizen of this state needs to Rescue him/herself from poverty, impoverishment, economic hardship and political hardship…,”

Similarly, the  hardship of the economy situation in the country which had made some people venture into dirty jobs and in some cases, negative action have led some Youths into criminal activities , therefore,  the Ondo Liberation Initiative are now using the medium of the Press briefing to address the situation for the purpose of having peace in our land . Their words  “As for our dear good citizens of Ondo State, we bring to your doorstep, the concept of Jara e gba. To hate what is evil and embrace peace but must always be ready to Jara e gba from any form of oppression, intimidation and manipulation. Let this concept get to every home in Ondo State.”

Share this post:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Tweet
  • Print (Opens in new window) Print

Related

Previous Post

BREAKING: Southwest Governors Arrive Ibadan to Visit Akeredolu, Intervene in Ondo Political Crisis

Next Post

NO GROUP HAS MY ENDORSEMENT TO HOLD ANY PROTEST IN ONDO STATE

Admin

Admin

Related Posts

BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership
Politics

BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership

by Admin
August 19, 2026
Osun Election: Give Gov Adeleke Full Support, Adekunle Tells Electorate
Politics

Osun Election: Give Gov Adeleke Full Support, Adekunle Tells Electorate

by Admin
August 17, 2026
Breaking: Gov. Adeleke Declared Winner of the 2026 Osun Governorship Election
Politics

Breaking: Gov. Adeleke Declared Winner of the 2026 Osun Governorship Election

by Admin
August 16, 2026
Politics

Osun Election: APC, Accord Members Commend Exercise, Ask INEC to Improve BVAS Machines

by Admin
August 15, 2026
Osun Election: NURTW Chairman Urges Voters to Come Out, Says Process Peaceful
Politics

Osun Election: NURTW Chairman Urges Voters to Come Out, Says Process Peaceful

by Admin
August 15, 2026
Next Post
Gross Misconduct: Ondo Assembly Serves allegation letter  to the Deputy Governor

NO GROUP HAS MY ENDORSEMENT TO HOLD ANY PROTEST IN ONDO STATE

Comment on this postCancel reply

ADVERTISEMENT

Recommended

Tanzania Lawmakers Debate Hotly Contested CNG Tax Proposal as Elections Loom

June 20, 2024
Ondo Governor Launches O’DATIWA U-17 Football Tournament, Pledges Strong Youth Development Drive

Ondo Governor Launches O’DATIWA U-17 Football Tournament, Pledges Strong Youth Development Drive

October 28, 2025

Don't miss it

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention
Local News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure
Crime

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026
Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings
Local News

Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings

August 21, 2026
Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace
Local News

Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace

August 19, 2026
Persistent Attack on Gov. Lucky Is Not Politics, It’s Hatred
Education

OAUSTECH VC Hails Aiyedatiwa Over 60% Subvention Increase, Approval of 2026 FGN/Unions Agreements

August 19, 2026
BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership
Politics

BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership

August 19, 2026
EXPONENT MAGAZINES NEWS

EERC



Donate for Independent Journalism.



Naira Account number. 2022646165

Account name: Ewi Exponent Rendition Communication

Bank: First Bank plc



Dollar Account number: 0745378102

Name: Olusegun Adeyemi HOSEA.

Bank: GTBANK.


Categories

  • Business
  • Community Policing
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyles
  • Health
  • Local News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Uncategorized
  • World News
October 2023
M T W T F S S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  
« Sep   Nov »

Recent News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026

© 2022 EXPONENT MAGAZINE NEWS - A Production of EWI EXPONENT RENDITION COOMUNICATION - EERC
Developed by KEEMBEST SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS LIMITED.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.