Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Breaking: Unknown Gunmen kidnap Monarch In His Palace in Ondo.

Admin by Admin
December 2, 2022
in Crime
0
BANDITS TAKES OVER MOSQUE IN ZANFARA–EERC.

You might also like

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

Police Arrest Suspect Over Alleged Murder of 60-Year-Old Woman in Ondo

Ondo Police, Human Rights Commission Strengthen Collaboration on Rights Protection

There is an apprehension in Akoko area as Suspected gunwielding kidnappers, have abducted Oba Clement Jimoh Olukotun, the Oloso of Oso-Ajowa, in Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State.

It was gathered on Friday that the abductors besieged the popular monarch’s palace around 10:05pm, on Thursday, and whisked the traditional ruler away to an unknown destination amidst tension.

A family source revealed via a telephone conversation, that the gunmen shot sporadically and destroyed the monarch’s main door to gain access into his residential building before perpetrating the act.

The source said upon getting to the residence, the gunmen knocked the door and realising that the occupants were not ready to yield to their request to willingly succumb, they shot at the main door and destroyed it completely.

He added that the gunshot pellets , were said to have pierced the door and wall into the living room, but said none of the occupants was hit or injured.

The source stated that the intensity of the gunshots had terrified the residents of the border town, as none of them could emerge from their residences for a rescue mission.

His words: “When they came, they surrounded the building and started ordering the monarch and other occupants to open the door and surrender willingly, but nobody answered. At this point, they started shooting . They destroyed the main door and entered. They terrorised Kabiyesi and his family members before dragging him out and took him away. None of the family members had been contacted, but we knew they were kidnappers”.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ondo State Command, Mrs Funmilayo Odunlami confirmed the developmen.

She said, “it is true but the details of the incident is still not clear, however, police from the Divisional Police headquarters at Oke-Agbe, headquarters of Akoko Northwest Local Government Area of Ondo State, have been deployed in the town to launch investigation into the incident”, the Police spokesperson said.

Share this post:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Tweet
  • Print (Opens in new window) Print

Related

Previous Post

ONDO NSCDC FEMALE SQUAD: 365 DAYS OF VALIANT SCHOOL PROTECTION.

Next Post

ONDO NSCDC: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Admin

Admin

Related Posts

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure
Crime

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

by Admin
August 22, 2026
Abuja : An Angry Mob Set The Corpse of One of The Robbers Ablaze During Bank Attacks.
Crime

Police Arrest Suspect Over Alleged Murder of 60-Year-Old Woman in Ondo

by Admin
August 17, 2026
Ondo Police, Human Rights Commission Strengthen Collaboration on Rights Protection
Crime

Ondo Police, Human Rights Commission Strengthen Collaboration on Rights Protection

by Admin
August 1, 2026
Police Recover Stolen Lexus SUV, Arrest Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Akure
Crime

Police Recover Stolen Lexus SUV, Arrest Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Akure

by Admin
July 29, 2026
Crime

Idanre Crisis: Hon.Akingbaso Rejects Allegations, Accuses Political Opponents of Smear Campaign

by Admin
July 29, 2026
Next Post
ONDO NSCDC FEMALE SQUAD: 365 DAYS OF VALIANT SCHOOL PROTECTION.

ONDO NSCDC: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Comment on this postCancel reply

ADVERTISEMENT

Recommended

Ondo Decides: APC Is A Progressive Party , Amidst Gov Aiyedatiwa Victoria -Eng Adetimehin.

November 17, 2024

47 Biblical Reference To Prostitution.

July 7, 2023

Don't miss it

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention
Local News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure
Crime

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026
Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings
Local News

Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings

August 21, 2026
Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace
Local News

Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace

August 19, 2026
Persistent Attack on Gov. Lucky Is Not Politics, It’s Hatred
Education

OAUSTECH VC Hails Aiyedatiwa Over 60% Subvention Increase, Approval of 2026 FGN/Unions Agreements

August 19, 2026
BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership
Politics

BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership

August 19, 2026
EXPONENT MAGAZINES NEWS

EERC



Donate for Independent Journalism.



Naira Account number. 2022646165

Account name: Ewi Exponent Rendition Communication

Bank: First Bank plc



Dollar Account number: 0745378102

Name: Olusegun Adeyemi HOSEA.

Bank: GTBANK.


Categories

  • Business
  • Community Policing
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyles
  • Health
  • Local News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Uncategorized
  • World News
December 2022
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  
« Nov   Jan »

Recent News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026

© 2022 EXPONENT MAGAZINE NEWS - A Production of EWI EXPONENT RENDITION COOMUNICATION - EERC
Developed by KEEMBEST SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS LIMITED.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.