Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Local News

ONDO CARES: GOV AIYEDATIWA FLAGS OFF DISBURSEMENT OF STIPENDS TO AGED, VULNERABLE RESIDENTS

KBAdmin by KBAdmin
October 23, 2024
in Local News
0
ONDO CARES: GOV AIYEDATIWA FLAGS OFF DISBURSEMENT OF STIPENDS TO AGED, VULNERABLE RESIDENTS

 

You might also like

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings

Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace

ONDO CARES: GOV AIYEDATIWA FLAGS OFF DISBURSEMENT OF STIPENDS TO AGED, VULNERABLE RESIDENTS

The Governor of Ondo State, Hon. Lucky Orimisan Aiyedatiwa, has flagged off the disbursement of N1.4 billion to unemployed youths, the elderly, and other vulnerable residents as part of the ONDO-CARES social intervention program.

Performing the disbursement at an event on Wednesday at St. James’ Mega Primary School, Iro, Akure, the Governor said it signaled the administration’s commitment to improving the well-being of citizens through social investments.

Governor Aiyedatiwa emphasized that the program reflects the state’s commitment to supporting the most disadvantaged groups, including the elderly and physically challenged individuals.

He said: “Today marks a significant milestone in our quest to create a more compassionate and equitable society. This initiative embodies our commitment to social justice and human dignity. It is a strong demonstration of the willingness and commitment of the Ondo State Government, through the OD-CARES Programme, to uplift residents of the State, especially the poor, vulnerable youths, elderly, chronically ill, and physically challenged persons.”

The Governor highlighted that the Ondo State Conditional Cash Transfer Unit (SCTU) has disbursed over two billion Naira to more than 7,500 beneficiaries, with 2,870 individuals currently receiving bi-monthly stipend of N20,000. He assured that preparations are underway to enroll an additional 5,000 beneficiaries.

He further noted that the Labour-Intensive Public Works (LIPW) scheme has already provided financial support to over 19,000 beneficiaries, primarily unemployed youths and vulnerable individuals, with over two billion Naira disbursed to boost the local economy. He announced that an additional 1,000 beneficiaries will soon be enrolled to further address youth unemployment.

Acknowledging the Federal Government’s contribution, the Governor revealed that under the Renewed Hope Agenda, N2 billion has been paid to 77,000 beneficiaries in Ondo State through 17 banks, with directives issued for prompt disbursement. He expressed his appreciation to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and other stakeholders for their continuous support of social intervention programs.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Social Investment Programme, Barr Felix Alonge, commended the administration for prioritizing the needs of young people and vulnerable groups.

“This initiative reflects the government’s commitment to reducing unemployment and fostering social inclusion, it is a testament to the Governor’s vision of a fair and prosperous Ondo State where every citizen can access the support they need to improve their lives”, Alonge said.

Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Youth Empowerment, Orioye Gbayisemore, said the beneficiaries had been registered from across the 18 local government areas of the State, with payment starting today (Wednesday).

Enuiyin Oluwafunmilayo, one of the beneficiaries under the Social Transfer Scheme, said, “I am truly thankful to the state government for this lifeline. This fund will help me meet my essential needs and ease the financial burden I’ve been facing.”

Prince Ebenezer Adeniyan,
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Ondo State.
October 23, 2024.

Share this post:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Tweet
  • Print (Opens in new window) Print

Related

Previous Post

Gov Aiyedatiwa promises better infrastructure for riverine communities

Next Post

Developmental projects will reflect peculiar needs of the people, says Gov

KBAdmin

KBAdmin

Related Posts

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention
Local News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

by Admin
August 22, 2026
Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings
Local News

Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings

by Admin
August 21, 2026
Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace
Local News

Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace

by Admin
August 19, 2026
NOA Urges Calm, Caution as Ondo Govt Intensifies Investigation into Persistent Odour in Akure
Local News

NOA Urges Calm, Caution as Ondo Govt Intensifies Investigation into Persistent Odour in Akure

by Admin
August 16, 2026
The Ghost on Lake Victoria: Service Failures Undermining Tanzania’s TZS 22.8 Billion Investment 
Local News

The Ghost on Lake Victoria: Service Failures Undermining Tanzania’s TZS 22.8 Billion Investment 

by Admin
August 16, 2026
Next Post
Developmental projects will reflect peculiar needs of the people, says Gov

Developmental projects will reflect peculiar needs of the people, says Gov

Comment on this postCancel reply

ADVERTISEMENT

Recommended

Poroye celebrates Okeyomi Carry-Go on his Birthday Celebration

Poroye celebrates Okeyomi Carry-Go on his Birthday Celebration

October 6, 2023
Precision @ 7: FUTA VC, Prof. Adenike Oladiji To Deliver Third Public Lecture.

Precision @ 7: FUTA VC, Prof. Adenike Oladiji To Deliver Third Public Lecture.

November 19, 2023

Don't miss it

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention
Local News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure
Crime

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026
Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings
Local News

Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings

August 21, 2026
Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace
Local News

Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace

August 19, 2026
Persistent Attack on Gov. Lucky Is Not Politics, It’s Hatred
Education

OAUSTECH VC Hails Aiyedatiwa Over 60% Subvention Increase, Approval of 2026 FGN/Unions Agreements

August 19, 2026
BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership
Politics

BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership

August 19, 2026
EXPONENT MAGAZINES NEWS

EERC



Donate for Independent Journalism.



Naira Account number. 2022646165

Account name: Ewi Exponent Rendition Communication

Bank: First Bank plc



Dollar Account number: 0745378102

Name: Olusegun Adeyemi HOSEA.

Bank: GTBANK.


Categories

  • Business
  • Community Policing
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyles
  • Health
  • Local News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Uncategorized
  • World News
October 2024
M T W T F S S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  
« Sep   Nov »

Recent News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026

© 2022 EXPONENT MAGAZINE NEWS - A Production of EWI EXPONENT RENDITION COOMUNICATION - EERC
Developed by KEEMBEST SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS LIMITED.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.