Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Security

Security Agencies Probe Ex-Militant Leaders, Former Amnesty Boss Over Alleged Plot Against Tinubu Administration

KBAdmin by KBAdmin
November 1, 2025
in Security
0
Tinubu Makes Key Appointments to Varsity Councils, Names Vice Chancellor for Tsafe Health University

 

Security Agencies Probe Ex-Militant Leaders, Former Amnesty Boss Over Alleged Plot Against Tinubu Administration

You might also like

FEDPOLEL Strengthens Security Network Through Stakeholders’ Meeting

Insecurity: Without Logistics, There Is No Security – Adekoya

Insecurity: No Imminent Terrorist Attack in Ondo State, Police Assure Public

Date: Saturday, November 1, 2025 

Nigeria’s intelligence community has reportedly expanded its ongoing investigation into alleged subversive activities aimed at destabilising the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, with attention now focused on a number of influential figures from the Niger Delta region.

According to authoritative security sources who spoke with Daily Sun, the Department of State Services (DSS) and the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) have jointly identified several “Persons of Specific Concern” (PSC). Those under scrutiny include four former militant leaders who were central to the Niger Delta struggle that led to the creation of the Presidential Amnesty Programme under the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.

Three of the four individuals are said to have belonged to the group once referred to as the “Big Five” during the amnesty negotiations. Two hail from Rivers State, one from Bayelsa, and another from Ondo State.

Sources further disclosed that one of the military officers earlier arrested in connection with the alleged plot—a former battalion commander in Ondo State—maintained a longstanding relationship with one of the Niger Delta figures currently under surveillance.

Also on the radar of investigators is a retired military officer from Rivers State who previously headed the Presidential Amnesty Office.

A senior security official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that while no formal allegations have been made, the individuals’ recent activities and interactions warranted closer scrutiny.

 “We cannot confirm that they were involved in any subversive activities at this stage,” the official said. “However, when certain events and patterns of association emerge in situations like this, the appropriate security measures must be taken. For now, we are profiling movements and communications linked to those under review.”

Meetings Under Investigation

Intelligence findings have reportedly traced three meetings between some of the individuals and one of the detained officers to Kaduna, Minna (Niger State), and Port Harcourt. The meetings, sources said, prompted further monitoring and analysis by the relevant agencies.

“These individuals, currently designated as Persons of Specific Concern, are being profiled carefully,” another intelligence source explained. “The key question is what motivated their repeated meetings with a suspect already in custody.”

Discontent Over Federal Patronage

Preliminary investigations suggest that the scrutiny may also relate to lingering grievances over the distribution of federal patronage and intervention projects in the Niger Delta.

According to sources familiar with the matter, the affected individuals were reportedly displeased that a major multi-billion-naira federal project was awarded to a single contractor rather than being shared among several leading former militant figures.

 “They have made repeated efforts to have the project divided among them, but the Office of the National Security Adviser has maintained its position that the contract will remain as awarded, provided the desired outcomes are achieved,” a senior source noted.

Although none of the individuals have been accused of wrongdoing, the ongoing investigation underscores the government’s heightened vigilance over activities that could threaten national stability. Security officials reaffirmed that the monitoring is precautionary and aimed at preventing any potential security breach.

 

Share this post:

  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Tweet
  • Print (Opens in new window) Print

Related

Previous Post

Police Launch Manhunt After Arrest of Five Suspects in Ondo Forest Raid–

Next Post

SWAN @60: Ogbonnaya Dedicates Distinguished Service Award to Aiyedatiwa, Assures Continued Support for Sports Writers

KBAdmin

KBAdmin

Related Posts

FEDPOLEL Strengthens Security Network Through Stakeholders’ Meeting
Security

FEDPOLEL Strengthens Security Network Through Stakeholders’ Meeting

by Admin
June 6, 2026
Insecurity: Without Logistics, There Is No Security – Adekoya
Security

Insecurity: Without Logistics, There Is No Security – Adekoya

by Admin
May 30, 2026
12 Kidnap Victims Rescued as Ondo Police Intensify Manhunt in Akoko Forest
Security

Insecurity: No Imminent Terrorist Attack in Ondo State, Police Assure Public

by Admin
May 26, 2026
Felix Ohagwu Takes Helm as Ondo State Police Commissioner
Security

Felix Ohagwu Takes Helm as Ondo State Police Commissioner

by Admin
May 19, 2026
Security Agencies Storm Akure in Massive Patrol to Deter Crime, Boost Public Confidence
Security

Security Agencies Storm Akure in Massive Patrol to Deter Crime, Boost Public Confidence

by KBAdmin
March 17, 2026
Next Post

SWAN @60: Ogbonnaya Dedicates Distinguished Service Award to Aiyedatiwa, Assures Continued Support for Sports Writers

Comment on this postCancel reply

ADVERTISEMENT

Recommended

EASE OF GOVERNANCE: GOV AIYEDATIWA SIGNS FOUR EXECUTIVE ORDERS

EASE OF GOVERNANCE: GOV AIYEDATIWA SIGNS FOUR EXECUTIVE ORDERS

December 13, 2024
Govt to deploy additional security presence in border communities

Govt to deploy additional security presence in border communities

October 20, 2024

Don't miss it

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention
Local News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure
Crime

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026
Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings
Local News

Adu Empowers Ifedore Farmers With 5,000 Cocoa Seedlings

August 21, 2026
Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace
Local News

Ondo Police Calls on Youths to Reject Political Thuggery, Embrace Peace

August 19, 2026
Persistent Attack on Gov. Lucky Is Not Politics, It’s Hatred
Education

OAUSTECH VC Hails Aiyedatiwa Over 60% Subvention Increase, Approval of 2026 FGN/Unions Agreements

August 19, 2026
BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership
Politics

BeyondPartyLine Emerges in Ondo, Mobilises Citizens for Competent Leadership

August 19, 2026
EXPONENT MAGAZINES NEWS

EERC



Donate for Independent Journalism.



Naira Account number. 2022646165

Account name: Ewi Exponent Rendition Communication

Bank: First Bank plc



Dollar Account number: 0745378102

Name: Olusegun Adeyemi HOSEA.

Bank: GTBANK.


Categories

  • Business
  • Community Policing
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyles
  • Health
  • Local News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Uncategorized
  • World News
November 2025
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
« Oct   Dec »

Recent News

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

Odun Ebiwonjumi Residents Protest Alleged Itsekiri Invasion, Seek Government Intervention

August 22, 2026
NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

NSCDC Arrests Security Guard Over Alleged Burglary, Theft in Akure

August 22, 2026

© 2022 EXPONENT MAGAZINE NEWS - A Production of EWI EXPONENT RENDITION COOMUNICATION - EERC
Developed by KEEMBEST SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS LIMITED.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • ABOUT US
  • BUY e-MAGAZINE
  • CONTACT US
  • DONATE FOR US
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.